Monday, March 21, 2016

She's got my whole world in her hands






I brought this painting home from my studio last week. 
This is how the process continued. 

I had been entering entering entering, making smaller and smaller marks, and then yesterday the feeling of purple rose up, and this purple one embraced and seemed to carry the whole. I needed to paint larger and larger areas of color. The judgements were loud, "this is not process painting" -"I'm missing the connection." 
Gladly, I just let myself paint the large purple figure and the green landscape she stood on. 

She holds everything and everyone. 

The process continues now, I am in it. 
Trusting that the process works when I allow it, I notice that I like to paint. 
I like to allow myself to be on the path I've found myself on.
Thankfully, there is room for humor on this path!

No comments:

Post a Comment