Thursday, August 13, 2015

lifedeathlife in process



i'm in a quietness.
i was asking the mother of all
what to do, how to bring form to what i do, in relation to others
how to do this sharing of the heart's gift?
i have a note on my dashboard,
one of those prayers that came spontaneously from the deep...

'let me be your doing'

will i begin to let this be the way i live?
i notice i am still confusing myself, looking for results that appear long term...
like, oh. this is what i do. and this is how it is received. and there it is. like that.
sounds like something that would fit into a box!!
after i asked how to bring my gift into the world and how and where and when.......
in the next moment i had received a mail from a friend whose husband is dying.
she asked me to come over if i could.
this is not like my dear frightened friend who was wishing he would die.

this man, 
he is dying. 
i do know the difference. 
and it brings the deep up to the surface, to share...

i can
sit in the quiet
near the unknown
with another.
i can paint there, too
and offer that to others
celebrating all it brings into form,
together and alone.

but what is being asked
seems to be
to be quiet.
to sit with.
to be with.

something greater than i know
is showing me what to do, to be her doing.
i'm in practice with lifedeathlife herself.


jai ma

No comments:

Post a Comment